As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As the time is passing, the need for microwaves is continuously increasing. The growing fast lifestyle is the main reason for this increase in demand.
In this post we’ll talk about specific type of dishes that are Corelle dishes and answer if they’re microwave friendly or not.
Let’s get started!
Can You Microwave Corelle Dishes?
Yes, you can. But you should be very careful when you do…
According to Corelle, they say there products are safe up to 350 F.
But, here are some additional points you should be reading if you have the Corelle products:
Popular Corelle Dishes
- Corelle Service for 6, Chip Resistant, Simple Lines Dinnerware Set, 18-Piece
- Corelle Service for 6 Chip Resistant Dinnerware Set, 18-Piece, Portofino
- Corelle Service for 6, Chip Resistant, Winter Frost White Dinnerware Set, 18-Piece
How Corelle Is Made?
Corelle dishes are microwave safe because they are made from a glass laminate of three thermally-bonded glass layers.
This means that it has been heated and cooled repeatedly until it is very strong and resistant to breaking when it is cracked.
The glass used in Corelle is not an ordinary one, it’s called Vitrelle ®.
You need to be careful with the microwave because this type of glass is not resistant to shattering.
We recommend you to maintain the temperature under 350 F.
If the cookware that you are using to serve food breaks right on the dining table, the pieces can shatter and make it very dangerous to be around.
4 Useful Tips When Working With Corelle Dishes
- You should never put Corelle dishes in a conventional oven or even if you do so, make sure you’re properly working with it.
- Instead, convection ovens are much better because unlike the conventional oven the heat is evenly distributed making Corelle dishes not to break.
- Make sure that you set the temperature just below the heating range. If you put Corelle dishes on the stove, you should always use low heat.
- Always use oven mitts or a towel while handling corelle dishes. This is because you may accidentally touch the glass surface and get burned.
Can Corelle Go From Refrigerator To Microwave?
Yes, they can. But this is not a good practice at all and you’ll never see professional chefs doing this.
Always, make sure you give a few minutes to a dish that you’ve just taken out from the refrigerator otherwise the dish can be affected if you use it directly in the oven.
However, some people have claimed it worked it is because Corelle is safe for heating and food preservation. You can put your Corelle dishes in the microwave for heating and it won’t be affected by it. So, it’s safe to go from fridge to microwave.
But, if you can wait than you should.
Wrapping It Up
So yes, you can definitely microwave Corelle dishes. But should try not to use them in a conventional oven. Although, these dishes supports all ovens regardless of the type but we’re recommending so you can stay safe.